Hope is the anticipation of something good happening and I’m full of hope for the upcoming 365 days of 2011. I am sure there will be plenty of surprises, challenges, dark moments and belly laughs along the way, but one thing is certain, time will march on and we will be along for the journey. Here are some things I am anticipating as I look ahead to the new year.
1. The first Dream Center will open and will provide free medical care for women in our city who cannot afford basic services.
2. My first book, Fear No Evil, releases in April with Zondervan. The proceeds from the book will help fund the Dream Centers.
3. Abram will turn 13.
4. We will pay off more of the debt on our property at New Life.
5. Hundreds will be saved and baptized during the Thorn performances.
6. Thousands will surrender to live the vow at the summer Desperation Conferences.
7. Hundreds of New Lifers will go on mission’s trips and have their worldview rocked.
8. I will spend some time in Wales and Kenya, connecting with leaders.
9. Pam and I are taking the kids to San Diego for LegoLand and the zoo.
10. I will celebrate 22 years of marriage to my best friend.
I really believe hope and joy are fanned into flame when we can look forward to something and anticipate God’s work in our future. What are you looking forward to in 2011?
- January 1st