The Sunday morning gatherings at New Life will be broadcast live on our website starting September 12th. This means people can join us live around the world and experience worship with us via some really cool and really inexpensive technology. There are lots of positives and some negatives about live-streaming that we have discussed as a team.
- Watching on the web is not an equal substitute for attending live. Face to face, person-to-person interaction at church is super important and cannot be dismissed in favor of watching from home.
- The technology is great, but it is really expensive to make the sound quality on the web equal to the live gathering. Lower your expectations in that regard.
- Live streaming is a great opportunity for people who are looking for a new church to preview our service before actually attending.
- It is a great resource for our missionaries and military members stationed around the world to stay connected to their local church.
- On heavy snow Sundays, the three of us who make it to church can sing and speak while the rest of you watch. I promise I will not sing unless absolutely necessary.
What do you think about the services being live-streamed? How can we take maximum advantage of this great technology?